Nutritional Cinnamon & Spice Muffins
These Nutritional Cinnamon & Spiced Muffins feature our signature Chai Vanilla blend, and make for a perfect mid-morning moment of comfort.
Recipe via @nutritionn.editionn. Follow here instagram.com/nutritionn.editionn
1.5 cups wholemeal flour
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp baking powder
6 bags of Twinings Chai Vanilla blend
2 cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup raw sugar
Optional: Cinnamon sugar for on top
1. Add milk to a saucepan with tea bags and place on low heat, allowing to gently simmer for ~15 minutes so the Chai Vanilla blend can infuse. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. In a bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and sugar.
3. When infused milk has cooled, then measure out 1 and 1/4 cup and add it to the bowl with other ingredients and whisk to combine.
(there should nearly exactly be 1.25 cups. If it falls short, make up extra with additional almond milk)
4. Fold in flour, almond meal, spices and baking powder, mix to combine.
5. Distribute batter across muffin tin with 9 large holes and bake in preheated oven at 160C for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
6. Allow to cool slightly before serving