This is the ultimate breakfast recipe; this is for mornings full of luxury and indulgence. This Earl Grey French Toast is full of rich, creamy and fruity flavours to spoil you and that someone special.
|2||Earl Grey Tea Bags|
|2 tbsp||Icing Sugar|
|1||Loaf of Brioche|
|Butter & Oil for frying|
|Icing Sugar, Orange & Blueberries for Garnish|
|1||Earl Grey Tea Bag|
|1||Pinch of Salt|
To Start.. The Butterscotch Sauce.
1. Warm the double cream slightly and steep the earl grey tea bags in the cream for 5 mins. Squeeze the tea bag to extract all the cream and tea.
2. Melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir in the salt and double cream and simmer till the sauce thickens. Set aside
Next.. The Orange Whipped Cream.
1. Whisk all the ingredients together till it forms soft peaks
And Finally… The French Toast.
1. Heat the milk and sugar till boiling and allow the tea bags to steep in the mixture for 5 mins.
2. Slice the brioche into approx 8 thick slices (2 slices per person)
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Dip each slice of bread on both sides in the milk mixture for 30 seconds each side
4. Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter and oil and allow that to warm before frying the slices for 2-3 minutes each side or until slightly golden.
Serve the french toast with the whipped cream, orange slices, blueberries and earl grey butterscotch sauce
“Chef Tips: Ensure the pan is hot but not too hot otherwise you’ll get slightly charred bits on the french toast instead of nice and golden. Test this by frying a small cube of bread that has been dunked in french toast batter”
Now enjoy your luxurious Earl Grey French Toast in bed with a cup of your favourite Earl Grey and relax….