One of the main benefits medicinal mushrooms offer is their extraordinary effects on our immune system. These mushrooms contain special polysaccharides (or sugars) that bind to our immune receptors, and help to restore healthy immune function.
Though all mushrooms have these polysaccharides that help promote good immune function, each mushroom is different and offers other unique benefits.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Reishi has long been used for allergies and auto-immune diseases. It has known anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine action, which help to regulate the immune system and its response to things like pollen.
- Reishi has a sedative action and is sometimes used to help improve sleep patterns, aid insomnia and help those with anxiety.
- Reishi is used to treat respiratory disorders like asthma - especially when they're of an allergic origin.
REISHI & ME
- Try using it as a capsuled supplement – these are already dosed and convenient to carry around.
- Reishi can also be used in powder form. It is a little bitter so you might want to cover up the taste by adding it to a juice or smoothie.
- There are many products now that contain reishi, such as mushroom coffee's and elixirs, for you to try.
If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or on drug medication, be sure to consult with a professional before trying these remedies